
NOVEMBER 23!!! That’s right, the non-musical lovers in the world will be introduced to the world of RENT. First off, I know that this is a controversial movie. I know that this film and musical does not project Christian values. I understand that most of the people in the film/story are gay. No I am not gay, but I love this musical. If you are even slightly offended at any of the above, then don’t go see this movie. However, if you are willing to thing theologically about complex issues of what it means to actually live, love and be in community then go see this movie. There is much that can be learned from the community that is formed in this film. If you choose to see this film, then be prepared to be in utter shock regarding the beauty that can be present in the midst of life, even when the life, and lives, are not representing christian lifestyles. This is a great paradox; beauty in the midst of sin. Still, this paradox exists and I think that the Spirit of God may be found in our ability to discover the beauty in the middle of such paradoxical stories.
The music is absolutely incredible. I am happy to say that the movie is being released with a rating of PG-13. When I heard that the movie was coming out, I knew for sure that it would carry an R rating because of the nature of the content. Thankfully, they have found a way to reduce the rating to PG13 so that I don’t have to keep my eyes closed through certain portions of the film. Anywho, if you need me on November 23, 2005 you will now know were to find me.
No comments:
Post a Comment