
"Stop asking God to bless what you are doing. Get involved with what God is doing - because it's already blessed." This is just one of the many moments during Bono's recent speech to those attending the National Prayer Breakfast that makes you stop and think. I know that people often talk bad about celebrities that use their mouths too much. I must admit, I am one of those. However, I am in full agreement with what Bono is doing in his efforts to relieve extreme poverty in the world. I was in a Church service where the Pastor openly declared Bono as not being a Christian because he "dropped the f-bomb." Well, judge as you will. I happen to think that many in the Church are merely reacting to the fact that Bono has given the Church a wake up call and has reminded us of how we have forgotten our Biblical mandate to relieve suffering and oppression in the world. After all, it was Bono that pointed out the 2100 references to oppression and poverty in the scriptures. So, for what it's worth, I'm with you Bono. Keep up the good work. Check out Bono's Speech that he gave for yourself. You will be glad that you read it.
2 comments:
Be careful... there's an f-bomb looming over your house just now...
Just wanted to everyone to notice how "not happy" Bono appears to be while shaking the hand of the president.
Post a Comment